Monday, April 16, 2007

A Sign from the Geese

Even after having decided to go ahead with the Kolonihagen project, a lot of questioning was still going on inside me. Would it be too much work? Would I have the time to dedicate to it besides all the other tasks I already have? Would I know how to handle that sort of work? Would my husband help me? Would I be able to sell it again sooner or later if I wanted to? Part of me wanted it very much and part of me had to fight with all these questions. Then, when I arrived at Skogsveien 30 last Saturday, on a bright warm and sunny day, the little cottage and the garden smiled at me in the most inviting way...I could not resist it and I embraced the project again wholeheartdly.
That same Saturday, while I was sitting in Monica Haga's garden, talking and sipping a nice glass of wine, two big geese flew right over our heads, honking their peculiar noise. I was marvelled by it. I had never seen geese flying for real, the city girl that I am. Besides, they were flying very close to us! It was then that Monica told me a couple of things I had probably heard before, but did not keep in my mind. She told me that as the geese were now returning to Norway, we could now consider spring to have officially arrived. Secondly, she told me that when the geese honk to the ones flying ahead, they do it to encourage them to continue to fly and figuratively speaking they are saying something like this: "Go on, keep flying, you can do it!" I decided to use the whole geese experience and their honks as a special message to me: Go ahead Rose, keep dreaming and keep up the good work, you can do it! ;)

No comments: